Planning and Transport Policy Committee
MINUTE of SPECIAL MEETING of the PLANNING AND TRANSPORT POLICY COMMITTEE held in the Town and County Hall, Forfar on Thursday 14 February 2002 at 3.18 pm.
Present: Councillors DAVID SELFRIDGE, Provost Mrs FRANCES E DUNCAN OBE, Councillors ALISTAIR GRAY, ALEX KING, IAN MACKINTOSH, ROBERT MYLES, GEORGE NORRIE MBE, HELEN OSWALD, KITTY RITCHIE and RICHARD SPEIRS
Apologies: Apologies for absence were intimated on behalf of Councillors JOHN HENDERSON, STEWART McGLYNN and SANDY WEST.
Councillor SELFRIDGE, Convener, in the Chair.
1. PROVISIONAL REVENUE AND CAPITAL BUDGETS 2002/03
There were submitted (a) Report No 198/02 by the Director of Finance, being a background report apprising members of the Provisional Revenue Budget submissions of each Council Department and of the departmental budget cuts considered necessary to allow the Council to deliver a Revenue Budget within the resources expected to be available and also setting out the Provisional Composite Capital Budget submissions for those Departments with capital programme expenditure; (b) Report No 199/02 by the Director of Finance, being the Provisional Revenue Budget Volume, together with a commentary by each Head of Department; (c) Report No 200/02 by the Director of Finance being the Departmental Budget Cuts Proposals Volume; and (d) Report No 201/02 by the Director of Finance, being the Provisional Capital Budget 2002/2003.
Councillors Mackintosh, Myles, Norrie and Speirs indicated that they would not be supporting this budget, but rather than move an amendment at this meeting, reserved their position to the special meeting of the Council.
The Committee agreed:-
- to note the Planning and Transport Provisional Base Revenue Budget submission for 2002/03 as contained in pages 84 to 87 of the Provisional Revenue Budget Volume (Report No 199/02) and the budget cuts proposals as contained in pages 27 and 28 of the Departmental Budget Cuts Proposals Volume (Report No 200/02);
- to approve the budget cuts for the Planning and Transport department totalling £32,000;
- to approve the revised budget net expenditure for the Planning and Transport department resulting from 1 and 2 above and recommend accordingly to the Council at the Council Tax setting meeting; and
- to approve the Planning and Transport Provisional Capital Budget for 2002/03 as contained in pages 22 to 26 of the Provisional Capital Budget Volume (Report No 201/02).