Help and advice for the community
Out of hours emergencies contacts for utilities
In the event of an emergency involving any of the undernoted utilities such as a loss of supply, pollution or smell of gas, the following numbers may be useful.
- National Grid - 0800 111 999
- Out of hours number - 0845 121 2975
- National Grid website
- Scottish Hydro Electric Power Distribution Emergency Line - 0800 300 999
- Scottish Hydro Electric website
- Scottish Power Energy Networks Helpline - 0845 2727 999
- SEPA - Scottish Environment Protection Agency Pollution Hotline - 0800 80 70 60 - available 24/7
- Emergency Helpline - 0845 600 8855
- Additional Support Register - 0845 601 8855
- Scottish Water website
If you have a disability or medical condition or any other reason for additional support, please call Scottish Water's Customer Helpline on 0845 601 8855 and they will take a note of your name, address and discuss any additional support you require and keep this on their confidential Additional Support Register.