GIRFEC: My World Triangle
When working with children or young people the My World Triangle can be used at every stage to think about the whole world of the child or young person.
The Approach in Practice:
- How I Grow and Develop (477 KB PDF) Opens in a new window
- What I Need from People who Look After Me (603 KB PDF) Opens in a new window
- My Wider World (393 KB PDF) Opens in a new window
- Consider each side of the triangle and identity what needs to be done
- Take an overview of what is needed, making use of the resilience matrix
- Don’t just record the information, but analyse it and plan accordingly
- Need for coherence across policies
The above was developed as part of the preparatory work for an integrated assessment framework (IAF) in Scotland. Similar to those in England and Wales and Northern Ireland. In Scotland we have placed the child at the centre and describe everything from the child’s perspective. This IAF preparatory work was absorbed into Getting it right, although many local authority areas continue to work on IAF development. Moving to developing GIRFEC practice building from IAF work.