Online payments

We are currently experiencing problems with online payments and payments via ACCESSLine. Apologies to our customers.

Support for carers

If you provide unpaid and regular care for a relative or friend you may be entitled to support from us.

If you are 18 or over you are eligible for a carers assessment if:

  • you regularly provide a lot of care, to a relative or friend who is disabled, frail, ill, has a mental-health problem or a drug or alcohol problem
  • you are planning to provide care in the future, for example, for someone who is about to leave hospital
  • the needs of the person you are caring for have changed, either because they need more help or you feel that you are not able to manage

The following are examples of the support you may receive:

  • breaks from caring by providing support for the person you care for
  • support at home
  • emotional and practical support to help you carry on caring
  • an emergency carers' card, which would let others know that you regularly provide care for someone if you were involved in an emergency
  • occupational therapy services such as disability advice, special equipment and household adaptations
  • welfare benefits advice

If you would like to find out more about services for carers or would like a carer’s assessment contact a care manager if you have one.

If you don't, call First Contact on 03452 777 778 or email

Other sources of help and advice are the Angus Carers Centre and the Young Carers website which provides information on support and referrals for carers between 8 and 18.

A-Z of services