Montrose Swimming Pool and Sports Complex
Montrose will have a new swimming pool in 2012
The new swimming pool will be joined to the existing Montrose Sports Centre, next to Montrose Academy in Marine Avenue and will be dual use; catering for the school and community during the day in term time, and community use in the evenings and at weekends. The integrated building will have a new single entrance and reception area.
The swimming pool will have a main six lane pool, a viewing gallery and a studio pool with a moving floor. The pools will accommodate swimming tuition at all levels, competitive swimming and training, water polo and play activities for different age groups.
The new facility will have a health suite with a sauna, steam room and relaxation area; a fitness suite with up to 50 workout stations; two multi purpose rooms each able to accommodate classes of up to 50 people, which can also open up to create a larger single space. A further multi purpose room is being created for use as required for classes, a crèche, meeting room or a training/teaching area.
- Details of alternative venues for sports centre users
- Alternative venues activity programme (60 KB PDF) Updated January 2012
- Bulletin 3 - February 2011 (285 KB PDF)
- Bulletin 2 - December 2010 (280 KB PDF)
- Bulletin 1 - February/March 2010 (280 KB PDF)
- February 2011 to August 2012 – construction period
- September/October 2012 – installation of new equipment and other internal fixtures
- October 2012 – opening of the complex.
(The opening date may be earlier if construction is completed before the end of the contract period.)
Sports Centre Closure
The existing sports centre will be closed for the duration of the work - a maximum of 21 months from February 2011 to October 2012. The actual closing date is 11 February 2011 with the appointed contractor moving onto site on 14 February 2011.
Any exceptional or outstanding questions can be answered by emailing MPSCTeam@angus.gov.uk or telephoning 01674 676211.
- 24-03-2011 - Gym Opens At Wirren House
- 10-03-2011 - Turf Cutting Ceremony Marks Start of Work on New Montrose Pool
- 11-02-2011 - Montrose Sports Centre Closure
- 17-12-2010 - Montrose Swimming Pool Project Tender Agreed
- 27-10-2010 - Montrose Pool Tenders Submitted
- 27-01-2010 - Montrose Swimming Pool Plans Approved
- 26-06-2009 - New Pool Design Agreed for Montrose
- 15-06-2009 - New Montrose Pool Plans Go On Display
- 05-02-2009 - Public To Have Their Say On New Montrose Swimming Pool
- 21-11-2008 - Montrose Swimming Pool Project Moves Forward
- 30-05-2008 - Council Rolls Out Phasing Of Montrose Swimming Pool Project
- 29-02-2008 - New Swimming Pool For Montrose
Reports are in PDF format and will open in a new window.
- 691/10 - Decant Proposals during Montrose Sports Centre Closure - 16.09.10
- 335/10 - Replacement Swimming Pool, Montrose Sports Centre - Tender List - 29.04.10
- 511/09 - Montrose Swimming Pool Replacement - 25.06.09
- 224/09 - Structural Engineering Services – Tender Report - 12.03.09
- 1092/08 - Montrose Swimming Pool - Public Consultation - 20.11.08
- 510/08 - Provision of Montrose Swimming Pool (Consultants and General Update) - 29.05.08
- 72/08 - Swimming Pool Provision Throughout Angus - 17.01.08