Learn to Swim
ACTIVE Swim is our pool based activities programme operating in the 7 pools throughout Angus. Activities include the well established Angus Dolphin Swim School which is based on the Scottish Learn to Swim Programme, adult swimming lessons, swimfit sessions, diving programmes, aquafit and inflatable fun sessions.
Angus Dolphin Swim School
Angus Dolphin Swim School is based on the Scottish Learn to Swim Programme which has been introduced by the Scottish Swimming Association and endorsed by the Institute of Sport and Recreation Management and SportScotland.
We provide a safe group environment where children can learn to respect the water and become confident and competent swimmers through an enjoyable programme.
The Learn to Swim Programme
Children may enter the scheme at any level after an assessment at the pool of their choice and will be given the opportunity to progress through the scheme.
- Level 1
- introduces those with little or no water experience to the pool environment. This level is designed to increase the child's water confidence.
- Level 2
- further develops water confidence while teaching basic swimming strokes using floats.
- Level 3
- still working on water confidence along with freestyle and backstroke technique using floats where necessary.
- Level 4
- working on swimming without aids for 5 metres.
- Level 5
- working on swimming 10 metres without aids and also stroke technique.
- Level 6
- improve finer details in all swimming strokes and introduces aquatic skills.
- Level 7
- develops timing, co-ordination and increases stamina in all swimming strokes.
- Level 8
- prepares the swimmer for movement into competitive swimming.
Courses run during each school term. Levels 1 to 6 are 30 minutes long, levels 7 and 8 are for 45 minutes.
All courses are paid in advance on a block basis or are free of charge for all "bACTIVE" members.
How to Enrol
Contact any Angus Council Swimming Pool. Children can go onto the waiting lists at 4½ years old. Entry to the programme is at 5 years.
Crash Courses are available during school holiday periods. Please contact your local pool for information.
Adult and Child Classes (pre school)
Adult and Child Classes (pre school) are available at some sites. Please contact your local pool for information.
Adult Swimming Lessons
Adult Lessons are available at some sites. Please contact your local pool for information.
One to One Swimming Lessons
Adult or Child, One to One Swimming Lessons are available at some sites. Please contact your local pool for information.