Angus Local Housing Strategy 2004-2009
Welcome to the first Angus Local Housing Strategy. The whole package, including appendices, was conceived as a planning document but it is above all a practical tool for directing the activities of public, voluntary, and private sectors towards better housing and quality of life for all of Angus' citizens over the next five years.
The Angus Local Housing Strategy 2004-2009 is a high-level or 'overarching' document that sets the scene rather than detailing everything that needs to be done. The accompanying appendices provide the background support and the options required to meet the aims of the strategy.
The Angus Local Housing Strategy was developed in partnership with stakeholders and was submitted to Communities Scotland for assessment on 30 April 2004.
The Communities Scotland Area Planning Team carried out the assessment and the Strategy has achieved an overall rating of 'Good'. The assessment measured the quality of the Local Housing Strategy using 107 criteria detailed across seven elements. The 'good' assessment of the Angus Local Housing Strategy is welcomed and recognises the Council's vision for housing over the next five years. However, we know that producing the strategy is only the first step. Delivering the actions contained in the Implementation Plan will ultimately measure the success and effectiveness of the Local Housing Strategy and will require collaborative working between all Council departments and partner agencies.
If you have any comments about any of the documents please telephone Shirish Patel on 01307 474767 or email at email@example.com
View or download:
- Angus Local Housing Strategy 2004-2009 (500 KB PDF)
- Appendix 1 - Revised Implementation Plan (107 KB PDF)
- Appendix 2 - Resource Assessment (159 KB PDF)
- Appendix 3 - Monitoring & Evaluation (120 KB PDF)
- Appendix 4 - Defining the Themes and Principles (308 KB PDF)
- Appendix 4.1 - Review of the Angus Homelessness Strategy 2005 (240 KB PDF)
- Appendix 4.2 - Fuel Poverty Strategy (85 KB PDF)
- Appendix 5 - Consultation and Involvement (136 KB PDF)
- Angus Local Housing Strategy Review
- Housing Market Area Profiles 2003 (250 KB PDF)