Issued: 8 October 2004
Bus service changes in and around Carnoustie & Monifieth minor revisions to service 39
Angus Council and local bus operator Strathtay Scottish have announced some important changes to local bus services in and around Monifieth and Carnoustie, effective from Monday 18 October 2004. Also on this date, some journeys on Service 39 between Dundee and Ethiebeaton Park are being retimed in order to improve reliability.
The changes are summarised as follows:
- During the main part of the day on Mondays to Saturdays, buses to and from Broomhill Drive will run hourly;
- Between 09:30 and 15:30 on Mondays to Fridays, most Service 75 journeys now run beyond Ashludie Hospital to Ethiebeaton Park. One Service 76 per hour also will run via Grange Road to Ethiebeaton Park at this time;
- The 06:35 Service 75 from Dundee City Centre to Ashludie Hospital and 06:53 return journey on Saturday mornings has been withdrawn;
- On Saturdays, the main daytime frequency between Monifieth High Street and Dundee City Centre is now every 10 minutes, rather than 7/8 minutes as previously;
- All Service 40/40A/40E journeys from Dundee City Centre to Monifieth and Carnoustie now run via Strathern Road;
- The 17:16 Service 75 journey from Westhaven Park to Dundee City Centre has been withdrawn due to minimal use. Alternative services depart from Carnoustie High Street at 17:04 and 17:36;
- The 07:45 Service 71A from Ethiebeaton Park has been retimed to arrive in Dundee City Centre five minutes earlier at 08:10;
- As a result of the above revisions to services in and around Monifieth, departure times on Saturdays to and from Carnoustie have been changed, although the existing service of four buses per between 09:00 and 17:00 remains.
As referred to above, some Monday to Friday Service 39 journeys have been retimed between Dundee City Centre and Ethiebeaton Park in order to improve reliability. Passengers should however note that the current 15:26 Service 39 departure from Dundee High Street to Arbroath will run 10 minutes earlier from 18th October.
The Transport Team has published new editions of the timetables for Service 39, 71/71A and for bus services to and from Carnoustie and Monifieth. These are available now from Angus libraries and ACCESS offices and Bus Stations in Arbroath and Dundee. Timetables can also be viewed and printed from Angus Council's website at www.angus.gov.uk/transport.