Issued: 4 September 2012
Consultation for Arbroath Primary Schools
The Arbroath school community, and the wider local community, are to be asked for their views on options for improving the burgh's primary school estate.
Angus Council is seeking feedback on three broad options for the future of the town's 10 primary school buildings. These options relate to:
- maintenance and repairs to all schools
- a combination of maintenance and repairs & refurbishment
- a combination of new build/refurbishment & maintenance and repairs
A series of workshops will take place during September and October at which local people can find out more about the options, and their impact on the burgh's primary school buildings.
The workshops, which are open to everyone, will involve a briefing by council officers, small informal discussion groups and the opportunity to give feedback and ask questions.
The workshops have been organised to cover five school groups. However, they will all broadly cover the same ground. Parent and carers and members of the local community, can therefore attend whichever event suits them best.
The dates are:
- Arbirlot, Carmyllie and Colliston - Monday 17 September at 7pm, Carmyllie Primary School
- Muirfield - Thursday 20 September at 7pm, Muirfield Primary School
- Timmergreens - Tuesday 25 September at 7pm Timmergreens Primary School
- Inverbrothock and Ladyloan - Tuesday 16 October at 7pm Ladyloan Primary School
- Warddykkes, Hayshead and St Thomas - Thursday 18 October at 7pm Hayshead Primary School
Anyone who is unable to attend any of the workshops can offer their views at www.angus.gov.uk/hys/arbroathschools.
Updates and information will also be available via the council's Facebook page - where people can also post questions and comments - and through Twitter @anguscouncil.
You can also write to the Director of Education, Angus Council, Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar DD8 1AE. Any views or comments on the plans should be made through the above options by 2 November 2012.