Issued : 8th June 2004
ECO Award For Rosemount Primary
Rosemount Primary School is the first school in Angus to receive their bronze award for Eco Schools.
Designed to fit into the curriculum Eco Schools is an award scheme that gets the whole school involved in making the school environment better and sustainable development a part of the life and ethos of a school.
The Eco Schools process works by involving pupils, teachers, non-teaching staff and the local community, including parents, the local authority, the media and local businesses. The intention being to encourage teamwork and help create a shared understanding of what it takes to run a school in a way that respects and enhances the environment.
Eco schools offer schools:-
- An opportunity to make environmental issues a part of the life of the school
- An opportunity to help develop young people's decision-making skills
- Curriculum materials and ideas for projects and events
- Links with other schools in the UK and Europe
- A chance to gain prestigious awards
- Opportunities for local and national publicity