Waste and Recycling Services
Like all local authorities across Scotland, Angus has been set a series of targets by the Scottish Government for increasing the amount of waste that is recycled and composted and reducing the amount of waste that is sent to landfill.
Angus is currently recycling and composting 43.7% of household waste, which is a fantastic achievement, but there is still a long way to go. The council is working to achieve:
- 50% recycling and composting rate by 2013
- 60% recycling and composting rate by 2020
- 70% recycling and composting rate by 2025
Angus Council would like to encourage residents to reduce, reuse and recycle as much of their waste as possible. Click on the links below to find out how to use the council's waste services and to find out about the campaigns the council supports.
View our A-Z Guide to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle in Angus (750 KB PDF). Paper copies are available to pick up in your local libraries and ACCESS Offices.
Composting - How it Works video (6½ mins)
Download the Love Food Hate Waste app.
- Kerbside Recycling Service
- Recycling Points
- Recycling Centres - Household
- Recycling Centres - Commercial
- Recycling Depot - ACROP
- School and Business Recycling
ACROP (Angus Community Recycling Opportunities Partnership) video (7 mins)
Read a transcript of the ACROP video.
- Animal Carcasses
- Bulky Household Waste Disposal
- Commercial Waste
- Waste Disposal - Incineration
- Waste Disposal - Landfill
- Waste Disposal - Landfill (Commercial)
What is Landfill? video (8½ mins)
Read a transcript of the Landfill video.
Litter and Flytipping
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Fixed Penalties
- Litter and Street Sweeping
- Safe Disposal of Discarded Syringes
Links to useful information
For more information and ideas on how to reduce, reuse and recycle your waste visit the following websites:
Waste and Recycling Maps
- Angus Recycling Centres
- Household Waste Collection Dates
Type an address, part of an address or postcode in the search box to find your waste collection details.
How to use the map
- Use the map controls or click and drag the map to move around.
- Use the slider or wheel mouse to zoom in and out.
- Hold the SHIFT key and click and drag a box to zoom in.
- Click on a feature in the map to get further information.
- Give feedback or make a comment about the map.