Angus CouncilTel: 08452 777 778

A-Z of Services

A-Z Home | Service List | Index | Mobile A-Z

Online Options for this Service

Frequently Asked Questions

Examination Results/Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)

Examination results are issued to pupils and schools around the first week in August each year from the the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) who are based in Edinburgh.

View Attainment information leaflet for Parents:

Frequently Asked Questions

My child has not received their exam results. What can I do?

You must contact SQA Advice Line (see details below).

I have a query about my results. I don't think my result for a certain subject is as good as it should be.

First of all speak to your teacher for that subject and the school will decide whether an appeal should be made.

For any enquiries regarding the marking of exam papers, contact SQA on 0845 279 1000

I have misplaced my exam results certificate. Where can I get a replacement?

Replacement certificates are available from the SQA under their Replacement Certificate Service for all qualifications from 1995 onwards. All other qualifications achieved prior to 1995 can be provided as SQA certified statements as they were achieved under predecessor bodies.

For replacement certificates, please visit the SQA website.

Who do I contact for further information?

Scottish Qualifications Authority
24 Wester Shawfair
Midlothian EH22 1FD

Alternatively, you can contact the SQA Customer Contact Centre on:

Tel: 0845 279 1000
Fax: 0845 213 5000

Email enquiries: or for general advice, see the SQA website.

Service Page: examresults.htm
Service Details Last Reviewed : 29 January 2014

Get Adobe Reader Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF documents on this page. If you don't have it, download it free from