Angus CouncilTel: 08452 777 778

A-Z of Services

A-Z Home | Service List | Index | Mobile A-Z

Online Options for this Service

Frequently Asked Questions

National Entitlement (NE) Card

Your Young Scot Card just got even better...

The National Entitlement (NE) card is FREE to all young people aged 11-25. The card has been created by the Scottish Government, Young Scot, your local council and other organisations, so that it is easier for you to use their services.

The NE card will let young people access all of the current Young Scot services including local, national and European discounts. The card is also accredited to carry the national "Proof of Age Standard Scheme" (PASS) hologram. This allows the cardholder to access goods and services that are "age restricted" locally and nationally.

Over time, the NE card will act as a "mulifunctional" card that will double as a membership card for the libraries and leisure centres in Angus and provide access to cashless catering school meals system.

So, what's new with this card?

The big new thing is cheaper transport for young people (16 - 18 years old) on buses, trains and ferries across Scotland. Young People in this age group will receive a third off adult single fares on buses all over Scotland. Young people will also receive a Young Person's Railcard, cutting up to one third off train fares.

How do I get a National Entitlement Card?

You can pick up an application form from any of the local ACCESS Offices. All new S1 pupils will also be given the opportunity to apply through their secondary school.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get a National Entitlement Card?

Every S1 pupil in Angus will be given the opportunity to apply through their school. If an S1 pupil misses the application date then they can apply for an NE card as outlined below.

For all other pupils or those outwith school you can apply for a card at any of the local ACCESS offices around Angus. You can also telephone ACCESSLine on 08452 777 778 for details on where to find your nearest office.

What other documents do I need to take along with my application?

You will need to take the completed form, along with proof of age and address. The documents must be originals and NOT photocopies. The following documents are acceptable:

Proof of age - we will accept any of the following -

Proof of address - we will accept any of the following -


You will need to provide a passport type colour photograph. Because these cards can be used as proof of age, we have to verify that the photograph you supply is of you. If you cannot provide a passport, photo driving licence or PASS hologrammed card then you will need to ask a referee to fill in a section on the form verifying your photograph. This person cannot be a relative and must be in full time, professional job (like a teacher, doctor, community worker, social worker etc).

Please do not send any of these to the office, only take them along personally.

Why should I get a National Entitlement card?

This young people's card offers the card holder local discounts at shops and businesses across Angus. There is also a range of national discounts available including travel concessions. The card is also a nationally recognised voluntary proof of age card. Young people will also be able to access a range of services in the future.

Who do I contact for further information?

Contact ACCESSLine on 08452 777 778 or visit any ACCESS Office.

See also the Young Scot website including the Angus Youth Information Portal.

Service Page: angusyoungscot.htm
Service Details Last Reviewed : 7 January 2014

Get Adobe Reader Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF documents on this page. If you don't have it, download it free from