Our Development Officer (Disabilites) is responsible for developing sport and recreation throughout Angus, focusing on several objectives:-
- providing advice and guidance as required on all aspects of sport and recreation for people with a disability
- maintaining regular liaison with key partnership representatives and developing effective partnerships with sports clubs, coaches, volunteers, sports councils and voluntary organisations
- providing officer support to an Angus Forum for sports and recreation for people with a disability - namely Angus Disability Sport
- implementing and supporting local sports programmes
- organising and developing multi sport activities for children and young people
- hosting national events and assisting in the presentation of local athletes at national events
- strengthening and extending the network of clubs, facilities and staff
- developing and supporting a quality education and training programme
- identifying and endeavouring to secure potential funding opportunities.
Please visit the Sports Development Team page for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact for further information?
Development Officer (Disabilities)
Forfar DD8 3JA
Tel: 01307 475367
ACCESSLine 08452 777 778
Service Page: disabilitysport.htm
Service Details Last Reviewed : 22 June 2012