Voluntary Sector Policy Statement
Angus Council has a Policy Statement on its relationship with the Voluntary Sector.
Other useful links include:
- Angus Council's Organisations Database - voluntary and community groups
- External Funding A-Z entry
- Grant Aid to the Voluntary/Community Sector A-Z entry
- Volunteering Strategy A-Z entry
- AAVO (Angus Association of Voluntary Organisations)
- SCVO (Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations)
- Volunteer Centre Angus
- Community support funding website for the Angus area
Frequently Asked Questions
Why have such a Policy Statement?
Angus Council is committed to working in partnership with and supporting the voluntary sector and the purpose of this policy statement is to provide a framework within which this relationship could be further developed.
A policy statement was introduced in 1997. Since then there have been a number of significant developments which resulted in this original policy being revised in 2003/04 - see Strategic Policy Committee report 355/04 (136 KB PDF).
What does the Policy Statement contain?
The Policy Statement includes:-
- the agreed definition of a voluntary organisation
- a General Statement of Principle
- the role of the voluntary sector
- the role of Angus Council
- good practice arrangements in relation to consultation and funding.
- Voluntary Sector Policy Statement (80 KB PDF)
- 2004/05 progress report on the implementation of the Policy Statement (186 KB PDF)
- 2005/06 progress report on the implementation of the Policy Statement (85 KB PDF)
- 2006/07 Progress Report on the implementation of the Policy Statement (60 KB PDF)
Who do I contact for further information?
Community Engagement Officer
William Wallace House
Forfar DD8 1WH
Tel: 01307 476128
Service Page: voluntarysectorpolicy.htm
Service Details Last Reviewed : 20 January 2014