Rural Tayside LEADER
Rural Tayside LEADER Team helps local authorities, voluntary and community groups and networks of businesses accessing funding from the LEADER programme.
LEADER (Liaison Entre Actions de Développement de l'Economie Rurale) is part of the new Scottish Rural Development Programme (SRDP) aimed at promoting economic and community development within rural areas - It is funded by the European Union, the Scottish Government and local partners.
LEADER is a bottom-up approach of delivering support for rural development through implementing a local rural development strategy developed by a Local Action Group (LAG).
Support is aimed primarily at small-scale, community driven projects that are pilot and innovative in nature The aim of LEADER is to increase the capacity of local rural community and business networks to build knowledge and skills, innovate and co-operate in order to tackle local development objectives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
Constituted community groups, social enterprises, micro and businesses (groupings), voluntary organisations or public sector bodies operating in Rural Tayside.
What type of projects?
Your projects would have to fit within one of the following two themes:
- Revitalising Communities - Here are some examples of possible projects:
- Enabling innovative community transport solutions
- Developing underutilised resources under community ownership
- Supporting childcare provision
- Supporting IT access and training
- Developing cultural and natural heritage assets
- Encouraging community activists for young people
- Community Capacity building
- Progressive rural economies - Here are some examples of possible projects:
- Encouraging entrepreneurship (target groups)
- Supporting the development of new tourism products
- Exploring renewable energy opportunities
- Supporting links between business associations
- Supporting joint marketing initiatives
- Supporting training in traditional skills
- Supporting producer groups
How do I apply for LEADER funding?
All available funding has been fully committed and at this time no further applications are being received. However this may change and small sums of grant become available at any time this year and so it is worth contacting the LEADER team to enquire if you have a small project you think may be eligible.
The first step to LEADER funding is to complete the enquiry form (100 KB MS Word) and send it to the LEADER coordinator by post or e-mail to email@example.com. If your project is deemed eligible at an initial assessment, you will receive the full application form. Depending on the amount of funding you are looking for there will be different processes. This will be explained in detail if your enquiry is taken forward.
Who do I contact for further information?
Rita Callander, LEADER Co-ordinator
Forfar DD8 3WD
Tel: 01307 473239
Fax: 01307 467357
Or go to the Rural Tayside LEADER website.
(Download MS Word Viewer to view the MS Word documents on this page, if required.)
Service Page: ruraltaysideleader.htm
Service Details Last Reviewed : 18 April 2013