Rural Tayside LEADER 2007-13
LEADER (Liaison Entre Actions de Développement de l'Economie Rurale) was part of the Scottish Rural Development Programme (SRDP) 2007-13 aimed at promoting economic and community development within rural areas - it was funded by the European Union, the Scottish Government and local partners.
LEADER was a bottom-up approach of delivering support for rural development through implementing a local rural development strategy developed by a Local Action Group (LAG).
Support was aimed primarily at small-scale, community driven projects that were pilot and innovative in nature The aim of LEADER was to increase the capacity of local rural community and business networks to build knowledge and skills, innovate and co-operate in order to tackle local development objectives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who could apply?
Constituted community groups, social enterprises, micro and businesses (groupings), voluntary organisations or public sector bodies operating in Rural Tayside.
What type of projects?
Projects had to fit within one of the following two themes:
- Revitalising Communities - Here are some examples of possible projects:
- Enabling innovative community transport solutions
- Developing underutilised resources under community ownership
- Supporting childcare provision
- Supporting IT access and training
- Developing cultural and natural heritage assets
- Encouraging community activists for young people
- Community Capacity building
- Progressive rural economies - Here are some examples of possible projects:
- Encouraging entrepreneurship (target groups)
- Supporting the development of new tourism products
- Exploring renewable energy opportunities
- Supporting links between business associations
- Supporting joint marketing initiatives
- Supporting training in traditional skills
- Supporting producer groups
For more information on successful projects please go to the Rural Tayside LEADER website.
How do I apply for LEADER funding?
All available funding has been fully committed no further applications are being received.
A new LEADER Programme, however, is being developed for 2014-2020 and further details will follow.
Who do I contact for further information?
Rita Callander, LEADER Co-ordinator
Forfar DD8 3WD
Tel: 01307 473239
Fax: 01307 467357
Service Page: ruraltaysideleader.htm
Service Details Last Reviewed : 14 April 2014