Car Parking Fine Enquiries
Angus Council have 37 free of charge car parks with 1696 car parking spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay my parking fine if I am ticketed in any of the council car parks?
Instructions for payment of the parking fine can be found on the parking ticket. To pay by credit/debit card please call ACCESSLine on 08452 777 778 or visit your local ACCESS office to make payment by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
What offences can result in a car parking ticket being issued?
Car parking tickets will be issued for the following offences:-
- unauthorised class of vehicle
- parked outwith the limits of a marked parking bay
- unauthorised parking in a disabled persons parking bay
- parking for longer than the short stay period
- parking of Semi-Trailers or Heavy Trailers in a car park
- parking for more than 72 hours
- taking a vehicle from a short stay car park and returning within 2 hours
- parking of a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) outwith bays
- parking in an area reserved for Heavy Vehicles
- using car parks to sell vehicles, carry out any trading activities, or to transfer goods which are to be involved in trading activities
- canvassing for political or electioneering purposes
- using the car park for carrying out vehicle repairs, cleaning/washing, sleeping, camping or cooking.
What happens if I do not pay my car parking fine?
Failure to pay will result in your details being passed to the Procurator Fiscal for commencement of legal proceedings against you. In addition to your details being passed to the Procurator Fiscal, you may have a summons raised against you in a Small Claims Court, which could affect your credit rating.
Who do I contact for further information?
General Enquiries - ACCESSLine 08452 777 778
Reporting a fault - ACCESSLine 08452 777 778
Service Page: CarParkingFineEnquiries.htm
Service Details Last Reviewed : 24 June 2013