Kerbside recycling bins and box collection dates
We are currently rolling out a new kerbside recycling service across Angus. This is expected to be completed by the end of 2014.
Find your collection day
What goes in what bin
Your green box is collected weekly. Use it for:
- food and drinks cans (please rinse), aerosol cans and biscuit tins
- bottles and jars
- newspapers, magazines & brochures, office grade paper, junk mail, telephone directories, catalogues and white envelopes (with or without windows)
- any kind of household plastic bottle
Do not put the following in the green box:
- brown envelopes
- broken glass, Pyrex, drinking glasses, mirrors etc.
- lids (metal or plastic)
- yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, plastic food trays or any plastics other than plastic bottles
Please put newspapers and magazines in a carrier bag placed on top of or beside the green box. Do not put more than two directories or catalogues in the green box in a week.
If you have more recyclable items than will fit in your green box, please put them beside your box in a carrier bag.
A replacement box cover can be picked up from your local ACCESS office.
Your green bin is collected fortnightly. Use it for:
- lawn mowings and weeds
- small branches and bark
- sawdust and wood shavings
- hedge clippings
- flowers and plants
- small quantities of shredded paper (no more than one carrier bag per green bin collection)
Do not put the following in your green bin:
- any food waste
- soil or turf
- plastic bags or liners
- animal faeces
- thick branches (greater than 10cms diameter)
Your grey bin is collected fortnightly and is for general waste which cannot be recycled.