Who can apply
To be eligible for this grant you must:
- have been told to self-isolate by Test and Protect Scotland or equivalent service from elsewhere in the UK because you have tested positive for coronavirus; or
- have not been fully vaccinated and have had to self-isolate as a contact of a positive case by Test and Protect Scotland or the Protect Scotland app (or equivalent UK services) and this requirement can be individually verified; or
- be the identified appropriate parent or primary carer of a child under 16 who has tested positive or is a contact who has not been fully vaccinated and has been required by the Test and Protect Service (or equivalent service) or a school–based Incident Management Team notification to self-isolate
- are the identified appropriate carer of a person over 16 who has tested positive or is a contact who has not been fully vaccinated and has been required by the Test and Protect Service (or equivalent service across the UK), local public health director or a local Incident Management Team notification to self-isolate
You must also be
- employed or self-employed
- unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- in receipt of a qualifying benefit such as universal credit or have a low income
- aged 16 or over.
- responsible for a child, or be the carer of someone who has been asked to self-isolate
For more information and the full qualifying criteria visit the Scottish Government's Support grants page.
When to apply
Test and Protect will contact you if they identify you as a close contact of someone who tests positive for Covid.
If contacted by text they’ll ask you to reply to the text to agree to share these details with your local council. This is so you can apply for the grant.
We cannot process your application unless you agree for Test and Protect to share these details.
Once you agree, it will usually take 24 to 48 hours for us to get your details.
You can apply any time during the 28 days from the date you start to self-isolate.