Our community justice service supervises unpaid work which is imposed by courts.
Faith groups, community organisations and voluntary groups can suggest projects they would like to see undertaken as unpaid work.
Contact the criminal justice section on 01241 438383.
All work projects must meet the following criteria:
- it must not take away paid work from others
- no one must make a profit from the work
- it must be worthwhile, constructive and give offenders new skills
- offenders must be seen to be putting something back into the community
There are two types of work projects available:
- team placements
- personal placements
The type of work which can be done by teams includes:
- painting and decorating
- furniture collection and deliveries
- charity collections
- vandalism repairs
- graffiti removal
Personal placements can include work with:
- voluntary agencies
- charity shops
- community groups