Angus Council Full Privacy Statement

Contact details & advice

The council has a Data Protection Officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law.

If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the information governance team. You may be required to provide us with further details of documents such as copies of means of identification, before we can take your request forward.

The council has a data protection officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you wish to discuss your information rights further, or are concerned about the use of your data please get in touch. To assist our information governance team in a first assessment of the issues at hand, please start by completing our enquiries form. You will then be contacted by someone from the team.

Data Protection Officer, Angus Council, Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park,Forfar,DD8 1AN

If you wish to exercise any of the above rights with regard to your adult social care records you may want to speak directly to the data protection officer of the Angus Health and Social Care Partnership:

Data Protection Officer, Angus Health and Social Care Partnership, St Margaret’s House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar, DD8 1WS.

Tel: (01307) 474156


Where appropriate we may discuss with you the most appropriate way to obtain the information you are looking for, for example, where the information is held by NHS Tayside.

In addition Angus Council needs to be sure of your identity and to make sure that you have the right to see the information you are asking to see. We will usually require proof of identity, for example, a passport, driving licence, birth or marriage certificate. For this reason we may have to contact you before we can accept a request as valid.

We will reply to a valid request within one month of receiving your request.

If you have any concerns or seek further advice you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK. They can be contacted through their website:, their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or in writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office,Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.