We have developed a guide to safe and legal events to give you advice and guidance about organising an event.
It offers guidance to event organisers and outlines the four principal steps of organising an event:
- legal requirements including licensing, health and safety, trading standards, environmental health, etc
- risk assessment
- drawing up an event plan incorporating communications, crowd control, welfare arrangements, lost children, first aid etc
- checklists ‒ pre-event, during event and post-event
The guide also includes:
- contacts for useful services and agencies
- advice about funding for your event
- advice for those considering the sale of alcohol
The pack is relevant to any size of event. However if you are planning a larger public event which you think, after you have read the guidance in the pack, might involve various services of the council as well as the police and others, then please contact our resilience service via ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778 to discuss your project as early as possible.