How Housing Benefit/Council Tax reduction is paid

If you are awarded Council Tax Reduction, this will be applied to your Council Tax account.

If you are a council tenant, any Housing Benefit entitlement will be paid direct to your rent account.

If you are not a council tenant your Housing Benefit will normally be paid direct to either you or your landlord's bank/building society account.