Request a council house repair

How to request a repair

To request a council house repair:

Please note that outside office hours, we will only deal with emergency repairs such as:

  • burst pipes
  • broken windows
  • no cold water supply
  • no electrical supply
  • blocked toilet

Domestic gas repairs

For gas central heating, fires and water heaters installed by the council, you should report repairs directly to our contractor WRB Gas on 01382 204030.

If an appliance breaks down and you have no other means of heating or hot water, then the contractor will normally attend the same day for repairs reported before 7pm. Calls made to the contractor after 7pm will be dealt with the next morning.

Gas leaks

If you smell gas or are worried about gas safety call the National Gas Emergency Number on 0800 111 999.

CO (carbon monoxide) detectors

If your CO detector is sounding, call SGN on 0800 111 999.