We have withdrawn face to face registration appointments for the forthcoming period to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
All deaths and stillbirths must now be registered via phone or email and appointments to do this can be made by contacting ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778 or complete our general enquiry form.
If you have a specific enquiry relating to registration of birth, marriages and death, or regarding marriage ceremonies, please contact ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778 or complete our general enquiry form.
All births registrations have been postponed until further notice. This will be kept under review.
The following services remain available by telephone, email or by Skype meeting including:
- general registration enquiries
- discussion of marriage ceremonies
- copies of extracts (registration certificates)
We will continue to keep this page updated to reflect any changes to government recommendations.
Please note our registrars offices operate by appointment only.
You should take with you:
- the form issued to you by the hospital, doctor or midwife
- if you are married, your marriage certificate
After the birth has been registered, you will receive the following documents:
- an abbreviated extract of the birth entry in the register
- a form to register your child with your doctor
- a folder in which to keep your child's birth certificate. This is free of charge
- a gift voucher for a baby pack from Boots Pharmacy or Argos
Full certificates are available at a cost of £10 each at the time of registration or within a month. After a month, the cost will be £15 for the first extract then £10 per subsequent extract.
You can find more information on registering a birth on the National Records of Scotland website.