Angus Local Access Forum is an independent advisory group, set up in 2005 to give advice on access rights and other outdoor access matters.
Local access forums were set up across Scotland as a requirement of the Land Reform Legislation.
The forum membership has a balance of people representing access users, land managers, community and public agencies.
We currently have vacancies for community representatives. If you are interested in becoming a member please email email@example.com
The current members are:
- Barbara Thompson ‒ involved in a range of organisations from Community Councils to hill walking and sea kayaking groups to wildlife groups
- Cathy Stephenson ‒ involved in a range of organisations in the Kirriemuir area
- John Hamilton ‒ a long time member of Scotways with responsibility for the Angus area
- Fiona Waddell - has a particular interest in horse riding
- Nick Hamilton - has a particular interest in walking and hillwalking
- Gill Lawrie – farmer, with current involvement in Royal Highland Education Trust, LEADER local action groups and Institute of Agricultural Secretaries and Administrators
- James Gray-Cheape – land owner and farmer. Member of Forfar Community Council, Angus Canoe Club, Rotary Club of Forfar
- Antony Gifford – lives on and manages an estate near Kirriemuir
- Alan Hunter – development standards manager, Angus Council
- Scottish Natural Heritage ‒ offer advice upon request
Forum meetings are not normally held in public.