Over 65 care experienced young people in Angus came with their families, carers, friends and workers to have some fun and take part in a variety of activities at Angus Council’s first Angus Promise Fun Day at Monikie Park on Thursday 21 July 2022.
The young people, their families, friends and staff enjoyed taking part in fun activities such as circus skills, Fire Brigade Challenges, face painting, team building, orienteering, bike rides, outdoor games, STEM activities, and time to relax by getting involved in yoga and story time sessions in the amazing bell tent. Everyone loved feeding the ducks. The packed scheduled continued throughout the day with a BBQ provided for lunch.
Angus Council’s Children and Learning Convener, Cllr Lynne Devine: “The Angus Promise Fun Day lets us celebrate our care experienced young people, giving them a chance to come together, relax and have a bit of fun with their family, carers, friends and workers. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!”
“We’re committed to improving the lives of all children in care and care leavers living in Angus. These events are so important for our care experienced children and young people, so it was great the fun day was open to all looked after young people living in Angus, including those placed here by our five closest neighbouring local authorities.
“Our Angus Promise Team and invested partners from the across the council did an amazing job pulling the event together. And it wouldn’t have been possible without the help of our local partners and community who provided the food, drink, activities and resources we needed to make this such an enjoyable event for our care experienced young people.”
Angus Council’s Promise Team thank everyone who donated their time, service, and/or goods to make the day so special.
- Dawn Rennie and the Education and Life-Long Learning, Angus Council
- Maureen McGinlay and Vibrant Communities Team Forfar and Kirriemuir, Angus Council
- Andy Garnett and the Active Schools Team, Angus Council
- Angus Council Corporate Parents
- Who Cares? Scotland
- Angus Independent Advocacy
- David Evans and Angus Cycle Hub
- Cricket Club Community Café in Forfar
- Nicola Barbour and Monikie Country Park’s ANGUSalive Team
- Scott Gibson and all at Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Police Scotland
- Vanessa Hannigan and Angus Council Communications Team
- Linda Mackie – Creative Spark Yoga
- Visions Carnoustie
- Circus Alba
- Victoria and Daisy Gibbons, Face painters
- Saddlers of Forfar
- Rennie’s Butchers
- Asda Forfar
- Lidl Forfar
- Lloyds Pharmacy Forfar
- Boots Pharmacy Kirriemuir
- B&Q Dundee
- Members of the community who got involved, donated and supported the day.