Change in circumstances

Published on Friday 19 February 2021

Help us to ensure we have the up to date details for you and your household, such as any changes of address or circumstances.

You can use our online form to report any changes to us that might affect the amount of Council Tax that you pay.

Please read our Revenues and Benefits Statement before you do as that will let you know how we will use any personal information you give us.

The types of changes you need to report are:

  • a change in the number of people in your household
  • a discount that no longer applies — such as a person in the household who is no longer a student or apprentice
  • a person in the household who has become 18
  • property that was previously unoccupied that is now occupied
  • any other change that affects the tax you pay

If you receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction, you can visit our Housing benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction web page to report a change in circumstances.

If you are moving house, please visit our notify us of a change of address page . This applies if you are moving out of, or into Angus, or moving with the Angus Council area.