A one-off £130 Low Income Pandemic Payment (LIPP) will be paid to eligible households by the end of October 2021 who are either:
- in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (CTR), including Second Adult Rebate, for at least one day during the period 1 April 2021-30 April 2021
- exempt or have no liability for Council Tax for one of the following reasons:
- all the occupants are under 18
- all the occupants are care leavers
- all the occupants are severely mentally impaired
- the property is unoccupied because the resident has gone to someone else's home to provide care or the resident receives care elsewhere
- occupants are accessing Housing Support Service and/or living in temporary accommodation or a refuge.
What is LIPP?
LIPP was announced as part of the Scottish Government Budget 2021/22 to help towards increased costs and lost income due to COVID-19. While you can use the payment as you see fit, common usages may include purchasing essentials such as food and fuel. There is only one payment per household.
Payment method and dates
You do not have to apply for this payment, we will be writing to all eligible households in the next few weeks with details of this payment.
Due to the high volume of calls to our ACCESSLine requesting details of payment, we respectfully request that all eligible households please wait for our letter with further details, as this will help our customer service team deal with immediate high priority calls.