For information on support available through Angus visit this page.
SSE is continuing to work hard to restore power to rural properties which remain affected across Angus. If you still have no power, here is the latest update from SSEN at 9pm 29/11/21
School closures and school transport
Airlie, Isla, Murroes and Maisondieu Primary Schools will remain closed tomorrow (Tuesday 29 November) due to power issues and damage from the storm. All other schools will be open. Updates on school closures will be posted on the schools webpage.
Home to school transport may still be affected. Updates on school transport will be posted on the website as and when they happen.
Roads situation as of 4.30pm
Roads still closed as follows:
- B9127 The Guynd near the Corn Kist still closed due to trees hanging over road making it unsafe - now looking at Wednesday for help from Parks.
- B951 Glen Isla closed at Kingoldrum due to SE cable across road – trees however now cleared.
- U388 Kilry Hill completely closed – Brewlands Estate.
- U390 Backwater Dam – blocked beyond Dam
- C25 from B951 junction to junction with U394 Pearsie crossroads - blocked
Roads now open:
- C51 Dunnechan bends
- B955 Brig of Trays to Cortachy – now open
- C27/C28 Glen Prosen now open
- C25/B955 Prosen Bridge now open
- C25/C27 West Kinwhirrie now open
- B955 Glen Clova – now completely open
Scottish Fire and Rescue Service have issued advice on staying safe. Please be vigilant around the use of naked flames and open fires.
SSEN power line damage: If you come across any power line damage, please keep a safe distance. Always assume any downed power lines are live and dangerous. You can report damage to SSEN by calling 105 or via their Power Track App and engineers will investigate as soon as possible.