Unfortunately, we still have a number of properties without power. However, we have been informed by SSEN that they are committing to ensure that all customers will be reconnected tonight. The estimated time of reconnections are as follows:
- Edzell area: 11pm
- Inchbare: 5pm
- Lintrathen and area: 8pm
All our leisure centres are available for anyone without power for free phone recharging and hot showers.
Edzell and Inchbare
- There will be a burger van in the Muir, Edzell centre from 17:30 tonight until late.
- Brechin Golf Club have kindly said that they can provide hot showers, place to charge phone and meals. Please call ahead to book: 01356 622383.
- Northern Hotel in Brechin will provide a place to charge phone and meal, but again please book. Showers may also be available but please call ahead first. 01356 625400.
Lintrathen (closest town Kirriemuir)
- Airlie Arms Hotel - People welcome to come and charge phone and get a meal but booking is required. 01575 218080
- Peel farm is now also open with usual opening times.
Remember that if your power is off you can spend up to £15 per person per meal and be refunded by SSEN (details on their website)
The following are closed but are actively being worked on currently:
- C35 Tiggerton - Catherthun to Tiggerton jct
- U418/1 Balnamoon Estate
- C34 Redroofs
- U430 Keithock House
- U311 Nether Finlarg. Residents have access out to the A90 on farm track through West Tarbrax.
These roads are closed pending heavy plant access so may be a few days
- U433 Templewood B966 to C35
- U388 Brewlands at Estate House
- U391(1) Lintrathen Glen Isla
- Glen Prosen C27 closed west side from jct U394 to C25 - open east side C28.
The following roads are open, but some work is continuing on them
- B966 Brechin to Edzell
- C24 to Airlie school from C23 jct
All schools will be open tomorrow and there no issues with school transport.