Parents, carers or guardians of children who will be two-years-old at any point during the school session are eligible for the increased childcare provision if they meet the current criteria for free school meals. This includes two-year-olds who have a parent(s) or carer on:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (income based)
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits, but not Working Tax Credit, and your total household income is less than £16,105*
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and Maximum Working Tax Credit and your total household income is under £6,420*
- Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit and your total household income is less than £610 per month
*The income thresholds for Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit can vary annually.
Your child may also be eligible if:
- you are looking after them as a kinship carer
- they are, or have been at any time since their second birthday, looked after
- they have a parent appointed guardian.
Children become eligible for a place immediately after their second birthday.
A child is entitled to a maximum of 16 hours per week, until a total of 600 hours per school year is reached.
This can be with one of our nursery classes or with a private or voluntary provider or childminder who is in partnership with us.
Different models of hours are offered by different providers and you should contact the head teacher/manager of your preferred provider to discuss how you wish to use these hours and what is available.
For more information about provision, eligibility criteria, dates of enrolment, proof of residence, and to apply for a place, download the application form and notes for early learning and childcare placement.