The Angus Adult Protection Committee is chaired by an Independent Convenor and has a range of statutory, private and voluntary organisation representatives.
The committee is responsible for ensuring agencies work together to protect adults who may be at risk of harm.
The committee performs a number of crucial functions in Angus including the co-ordination of training for professionals and other staff, the development of policies, procedures and protocols, ensuring the effectiveness and quality of local adult protection services through continuous improvement and the provision of public information about adult protection.
Composition of the committee
- Angus Council Children, Families and Justice Services
- Angus Council Housing Service
- Angus Health and Social Care Partnership
- NHS Tayside
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Fire and Rescue
- Scottish Ambulance Service
- Independent and Private Care Providers (representative)
- General Practitioner (representative)
- Angus Independent Advocacy
- Angus Carers