The Brechin Flood Prevention Scheme is now complete.
The integrated flood and drainage scheme will protect the town from flooding and consists of:
- direct defences
- flood embankments
- flood walls
- upgrades to the existing surface water drainage system
- work on the Denburn Culvert
- and installation of three submerged pump stations.
It will provide a 1 in 200 years’ current-day standard of defence.
As well as new road surfaces and footways and new lighting and seating areas, environmental enhancements included:
- landscaped and grassed embankments
- the installation of bird and bat boxes
- upgrades to the play park facilities at the Inch
The scheme was funded by Scottish Government and Angus Council. The work was carried out by Morrison Construction.