Report a blocked drain

On roads and pavements adopted by us we will deal with any choked or blocked drain, or road ditch.

Our housing service is responsible for clearing any choked drains within the boundary of a council house.

To report a blocked drain call ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.

A blocked drain in a private house is the responsibility of the property owner.

Sewerage/water mains problems

Sewerage/water mains issues should be referred to Scottish Water.

They are responsible for:

  • choked sewers
  • investigating interruptions to water supply
  • water quality
  • burst mains
  • septic tank emptying.