Arrivals after 1 January 2021
EU citizens who arrived in the UK for the first time on or after 1 January 2021 cannot apply for Settled Status or Pre-Settled Status. They arrive as Short Term Visitors.
If they wish to remain for more than 6 months, they must apply for a Long Term Visa (for example, to study, work or join a family member).
Non-EU family members of EU citizens can only enter the UK after 1 January 2021 if they already have one of:
- EUSS family permit
- UK-issued EEA family permit
- UK-issued biometric residence card
Citizens Advice Scotland
- Angus Citizens Advice
- Arbroath Office: 01241 870661
- Montrose Office: 01674 673263
- Forfar Office: 01307 467096