Entitlement to School Clothing Grant is assessed as part of the application process for Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction.
You will get £50 for each child but can only apply once in any financial year ‒ 1 April to 31 March.
Parents and carers receiving any of the following may be entitled to a School Clothing Grant:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit, and where your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- support provided under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610
If you are not in receipt of Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction and wish to claim a School Clothing Grant use the following online form.
No clothing grant is paid for young people who are 16 years old by 30 September. An Education Maintenance Allowance application should be made.