If you are throwing out old furniture or other bulky household items that won't go in the bin, you can arrange for us to pick them up.
We can uplift up to six items at any one time.
- £25.60 for up to three items
- £51.10 for four to six items
Alternatively you can take the items to your local recycling centre free of charge.
How to arrange a special uplift
Check that we accept the items you want to dispose of. There is a list of what we accept at the bottom of this page.
Then use our online form to arrange a special uplift.
We will usually uplift the waste within five working days of payment. There may be exceptions over Christmas and New Year.
Items should be left outside your house and as close to the kerbside as possible, for example at the bottom of a drive, by 7am on the day of collection. There must be clear access to your items.
To cancel, please contact us by 3pm the day before your uplift.
Alternative methods of disposal
If you have items of furniture or household goods that are still in good condition, you can donate them to a furniture reuse organisation.
Before you organise and pay for a special uplift, make sure the items you are getting rid of appear on this list:
- washing machine
- tumble dryer
Living room/dining room:
- sideboard or cabinet
- shelving or display unit
- chest of drawers
- sink (with or without pedestal)
- shower tray
- shower screen
- vacuum cleaner
- carpet or rug
- door (no broken glass)
- fire surround
- ironing board
- pram or pushchair
- lawnmower (drained of fuel)
- sofas and armchairs count as three items (1 x sofa + 2 x armchairs)
- dining table and chairs count as three items (1 x dining table and up to six chairs)
- bed base, mattress and headboard count as one item
- we cannot uplift very heavy items such as an aga, or hazardous materials such as asbestos or fluorescent tubes.
If your item is not on the list, call ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778 to place your order or to check if your items need to be assessed. For example, we may need to check that there is clear and safe access for heavy or multiple items such as a cast iron bath, kitchen units or garden waste.