You must register a birth at any registration office in Scotland within 21 days from the birth of your baby.
You must book an appointment to register the birth in Angus.
Making an appointment
To book an appointment call ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.
You will be able to register the birth:
- remotely (over the phone) or in person at
- Bruce House, Arbroath
- County Buildings, Forfar
- Town House, Montrose
At your appointment
For your safety and the safety of our staff please do not show up early.
If you are late you will have to reschedule.
Do not attend if:
- you have tested positive for COVID-19
- you have symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus (COVID-19)
- someone you live with or someone in your extended household has symptoms
A maximum of two people may attend an appointment.
What to bring:
- the form issued to you by the hospital, doctor or midwife
- if you are married, your marriage certificate
After registration you will receive:
- an abbreviated extract of the birth entry in the register
- a form to register your child with your doctor
- a folder in which to keep your child's birth certificate. This is free of charge
- a gift voucher for a baby pack from Boots Pharmacy or Argos
Full certificates are available at a cost of £10 each at the time of registration or within a month. After a month, the cost will be £15 for the first extract then £10 per subsequent extract.
You can find more information on registering a birth on the National Records of Scotland website.