Report food poisoning

If you have suffered sickness and diarrhoea which you believe has been caused by something you’ve had to eat or drink you should:

  • contact your doctor's surgery and make arrangements to submit a stool specimen
  • if necessary, make an appointment with your GP
  • contact our environmental health service via ACCESSLine using our general enquiry form:

Report food poisoning

An environmental health officer will then arrange to speak with you to try and find out how you may have picked up this illness.

We’ll give you advice and may take samples or carry out an investigation at premises suspected of being the source of the illness. You will be kept informed of the outcome of any investigation.

Visit the Health Protection Scotland website for more information on food borne illnesses.