Council land and property

Title deeds

Title deeds contain information on landowners and boundaries. They are available from Registers of Scotland (RoS).

Title deeds are exempt from release under Freedom of Information. This means you will be expected to carry out your own research.

Learn more about exemptions on the Scottish Information Commissioner's website.

When searching for a title at RoS remember the title may be in the name of one of the council’s predecessor authorities.

For really old titles you can carry out research at Angus Archives.

Land or property for sale

If a property or piece of land is for sale you will normally be directed to our agents Shepherd Chartered Surveyors.

To find commercial land and property available in Angus use Angus Property Search.

Community groups can ask to take over council land or property. For more information visit our community ownership pages.

List of council land and property

Download details of council land and property on our Open Data Hub.

Concerns about land or property

If you have concerns about the condition of any property or land which you think the council owns or leases contact us using our general enquiry form.