Information about council land and property

Information on all land boundaries and landowners are generally found in the title deeds for a property. 

Title deeds are publicly available from Registers of Scotland (RoS).

These are exempt from release under Freedom of Information which means that you will be expected to carry out your own research.

You can find out more about exemptions on the Scottish Information Commissioner's website.

When searching for a particular title at RoS be aware that the title may be in the name of one of the council’s various predecessor authorities.  

For really old titles you may want to carry out research at Angus Archives.

If a property or piece of land is for sale you will normally be directed to our agents Shepherd Chartered Surveyors.

Community groups can ask to take over council land or property. For more information visit our community ownership pages.

For information on commercial land and property available in Angus use Angus Property Search

View a list of council land and property.

If you have concerns about the condition of any property or land which you think the council owns or leases contact ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.