Access to your personal information (Data Protection)

Access to personal information

The law on data protection gives you a right to ask to see information held by the council about you, unless there is a good reason for not disclosing it.

Asking for this information is called making a subject access request. If you want to access personal information about yourself, please use one of the following forms.

For adults (persons aged 16 or over) who wish to know what personal health and social care information is held about them by the Angus Health and Social Care Partnership and its partners, NHS Tayside and Angus Council, please use the request for personal health and social care records (adult) form.

For any other council service, please use the request for personal information form.

We will ask for proof of who you are. We may also ask you for more details to help us find the information you are interested in.

We will respond to you within one month.

We may withhold information if it gives details about another person. There are other reasons why the law may allow us to withhold information.

There is no charge for a subject access request.

If you are not happy with our response or how we dealt with your request, you can ask the council for a review or you can ask the Information Commissioner’s Office to investigate.

More information is available on data protection is available on the Information Commissioner’s website.