Help with Council Tax payments

If you are having difficulties paying your bill, please get in touch with us straight away. Don't wait for a reminder or other letter. It may be possible for some other system of payment to be arranged.

Propose a change in how you pay

If you have received a reminder notice or notice of summary warrant and you want to make a payment arrangement please use the following online form to propose a change in how you pay Council Tax. For example:

  • reduce your payments for a period and catch up later
  • make no payments for a month or two and catch up later

submit a payment proposal

If you are not sure what you can afford to pay or propose get in touch using our enquiry form.

Remember to include your contact details, address and Council Tax number.

Reduction, exemptions and discounts

Check you are paying the right amount of Council Tax:

Benefits and money advice

Our Welfare Rights Team can also offer support for anyone who needs assistance in making claims. See our pages on Benefits and Money Advice.

Customers facing extreme financial hardship can also apply for a Crisis Grant.

Other sources of help

Voluntary Action Angus

Angus Citizens Advice Bureau