Public charitable collections

Apply for a public charitable collection permit if you want to collect money for charity in Scotland.

This permit covers collecting money from members of the public:

  • in public
  • on a 'place-to-place' basis (eg house to house)

The permit does not cover some public access places, like privately-run shopping centres or car parks.

You do not need to apply for a permit if you collect:

  • during a public meeting
  • using a container in a fixed position in a public place, eg a collecting tin kept on a shop counter
Licence period
Period varies from daily to weekly which may cover an area or various areas within Angus.

No fee