We offer a competitive insurance scheme making it easy for our tenants to insure their belongings.
The insurance is arranged with an independent insurance company and is available only to our tenants.
If you are thinking of joining our Home Contents Insurance Scheme here are a few points that we would like you to be aware of:
- You must pay a month’s premium (4 x weekly) in order for your insurance cover to start
- Your application will be processed to start on the Monday following your initial payment being made
- Premiums are paid in advance
- To ensure that you are always covered you must keep all payments up to date
- Failure on your behalf to keep up payments could affect claim settlement and will lead to cancellation of your policy
- Angus Council receives a commission of 10% of your premium. This offsets the costs of administering the scheme. No profit element is derived.
The council does not automatically insure its tenants’ possessions, and advises tenants to take advantage of this insurance scheme. You can also make your own private arrangements.
You can pay your Tenants Home Contents Insurance Premium using our online form: