Alterations and improvements by tenants

You must get permission before making any alterations or improvements to your council house including:

  • any work involving electrics
  • any work involving gas
  • any work which involves changing fixtures and fittings

Before carrying out any work contact us using ourĀ online form.

Standard decorating, such as scraping wallpaper or painting, does not need permission.