We offer a full repairs service including the Right to Repair.
Report emergency repairs to ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.
If your emergency repairs are about gas central heating call WRB Gas on 01382 20 40 30.
Please contact WRB Gas for gas heating repairs for systems over 12 months old.
Report non-emergency repairs by phoning ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.
We are required by law to carry out annual servicing of gas heating systems, electrical testing and upgrades to LD2 Smoke alarm systems. As a tenant you must provide access to your property for these.
The repairs process
The following section outlines the repairs process:
The repairs team are mindful that they work in people’s homes, and will always show due respect to customers, their privacy, their belongings and their homes. The team will provide an understanding and friendly approach.
Initial contact with your repairs team
After you have reported your repair online or through ACCESSLine your repairs team will contact you to arrange a suitable time and date to carry out the repair. This will include early evening (up to 7pm Monday to Thursday) and weekend (Saturday morning) appointments.
When booking an appointment, your repairs team will verify whether there are any particular vulnerable characteristics and any specific requirements that need to be made to ensure the works can commence safely and with minimal disruption to you and your family. The Repairs Team will ensure that they communicate with you carefully and considerately, using an intermediary/3rd party if necessary.
Your repairs team will also contact you approximately 24 hours before to confirm the appointment.
Should you no longer require the repair please cancel your appointment at the earliest opportunity by phone.
In addition to carrying out the repair a key area of focus is the protection and security of your home during the works.
Arriving at your home the repairs team will:
- show ID badge
- introduce themselves to you
- carry out covid19 check with household (shielding members, isolating members and so on)
- ensure they have the correct PPE in place
- provide a clear and concise explanation of the works.
Once inside the home, the repairs team will:
- risk assess the work area, with specific regard to the work in-hand, e.g. possible presence of asbestos, pipe-runs, electrical wires, sufficient workspace to carry out the work safely
- record information relating to works to be carried out
- advise you whether the repair can be carried out from stock held in the van immediately
- if this is not possible advise you of appropriate timescales
- if necessary, the Repairs Team will put in place arrangements for access to and from your home; using physical barriers /signage
- use the appropriate equipment to protect customers’ homes from any disruption caused by the work, such as dust sheets, floor protection, spot cloths to prevent damage to carpets
- maintain access by ensuring that corridors, staircases, lifts, refuse facilities, and they do not obstruct welfare facilities during the works
- ensure that your home is not left unattended or unsecured during works
- carry out the repair
- remove any barriers, waste, protection and signage
- ensure all facilities are reconnected (where applicable) and access throughout the home is clear and provide a suitable alternative where this is not possible
- confirm the repair status with you e.g. confirmation that the repair is complete or if a second visit is required
- arrange any further appointments whilst in your home
- record works completed prior to departure
Throughout all contact the repairs team will:
- keep all your details private and secure to meet data protection requirements
- ensure that all staff have had Customer Care Training to support call handling and procedures on site
- record any additional issues found on site whilst carrying out the repair.
- attempt to diffuse any situation that occurs whilst carrying out works in homes. However, should an incident escalate in to threatening and violent behaviour the operative will remove themselves from site without completing the repair. This will be recorded and reported to the housing service and or the appropriate authorities