On 17 March 2020 the Government advised that people most at risk from the coronavirus were strongly advised to reduce unnecessary contact with others. To slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) the general public were asked to stay at home as much as possible and avoid unnecessary social contact.
We have restarted our full repairs service but are currently working through the backlog of previously reported repairs. ACCESSLine are still only accepting new emergency repairs (see below), but we plan to be able to accept all new repairs from Monday 10 August 2020.
The reduced list of emergency repairs you can currently report is:
- loss of heating and/or hot water- Total loss of both heating & hot water with no electric shower
- uncontainable leak
- sewage backing up and overflowing into the property
- serious security problem, such as a front door that cannot be locked
- loss of essential services, such as water or electricity
The Right to Repair remains suspended for now.
As your safety continues to be our priority, we are developing a tenant-specific Health and Safety risk assessment for any works to be carried out in your home.
When you contact ACCESSline on 03452 777 778 to report a repair, we will ask you the following questions to help us determine how best to protect against the spread of the virus:
- Have you returned from any risk areas as identified by the government within the last 14 days?
- Has a member of your household returned from any of the same risk areas within the last 14 days?
- Has anyone you work or socialise with closely been subject to exposure for corona virus within the last 14 days?
- Are you in a vulnerable group as identified in government guidance?
We will then:
- Assess the repair required and if it is classed as emergency, your repair will be processed in the normal way.
- If your repair is not classed as Emergency we will not carry out the repair at this time.
- Please be advised that contractors will be required to wear specialised personal protective equipment while in your property.
If you are reporting a gas repair to WRB directly you will be asked the same questions to allow them to assess how they will deal with your repair.
We are now reviewing how we can deliver routine external repairs within current guidance and hope to start these shortly. You may see our staff carrying out Estate inspections as part of this process.
If you report a repair to us, we will assume that we have your permission for our contractor to carry it out if they can.