Private landlord registration

All private landlords letting residential properties must be on the Scottish Landlord Register.

Visit Renting Scotland for information on your other duties as a landlord and the private residential tenancy (PRT) which came into force in December 2017.

Empty properties

If your property is empty you may be entitled to a Council Tax discount. Visit our Council Tax pages for more information.

If you have a property that has been empty for six months or more, then you may be eligible for support to bring it back into use. Visit our empty homes page for more information.